Moreton Hire is strongly committed to protecting your privacy while interacting with our content, products and services. We want to provide a safe and secure environment.
This policy applies only to Moreton Hire and not to other companies' or organisations' websites to which Moreton Hire is linked.
Collection of information
Information is collected from you primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our services. Depending on the service you are accessing, you could be asked to provide information such as your name, email address or information about what you like and do not like. It is entirely your choice whether to respond to these questions or not.
The second type of information that Moreton Hire collects is personal information. Moreton Hire will collect personal information that lets us know the specifics of who you are such as your name, email address, or postal address, when you provide it to us. With this information, Moreton Hire can provide a variety of personalised and enhanced services that are not available to anonymous users. We hope that you will find it beneficial to provide individually identifiable information about yourself to us because it will make our services more valuable to you.
Sometimes, we may specifically ask for personal information about you when you sign up to use a service. Certain information may be required, such as your name, age, internet address or screen name, billing address, type of computer, credit card number, in order to provide that service or product to you. This information may also be used to inform you of additional products and services which may interest you. You can choose not to receive such information when you are undertaking product or service registration on our website. We may also ask about your interests, but it is your choice whether to respond.
How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to Moreton Hire is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us, for example when you take part in a discussion forum or enter one of the competitions on our websites.
Use of anonymous information
Moreton Hire automatically gathers anonymous information to monitor the use of Moreton Hire like the numbers and frequency of visitors to Moreton Hire and its areas. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us determine how much our audiences use parts of the site, so we can improve Moreton Hire to assure that it is as appealing as we can make it for as many users as possible. Moreton Hire may publish or provide this aggregate data to other people.
Use of personal information
Moreton Hire will only use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it. Moreton Hire will not use it for any other purpose without your consent.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for Moreton Hire to disclose your personal information to third parties. Moreton Hire may be required by law to disclose the information, or Moreton Hire may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the service you have requested, for example, if you purchase products online, Moreton Hire will need to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to bill and deliver your products. However, the disclosure will only be made where it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which you disclosed your personal information. Otherwise than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any organisation or person outside Moreton Hire unless you have authorised us to do so.
No sale of personal information
Under no circumstances will Moreton Hire sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Interacting with Moreton Hire
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any personal information. Be responsible whenever you are online.
Moreton Hire operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints relating to online privacy issues on our websites, please notify Moreton Hire. While Moreton Hire accepts no liability for any material or links posted to the service, we will investigate all complaints.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. The file helps analyse web traffic or allows us to know when you visit our site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, and can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
There are four types of cookies:
- Website functionality cookies - These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
- Website analytics cookies - We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies - When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of Cookies Used on this Site
Please note that cookies do not harm your computer. They simply hold the 'key' that is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from the Moreton Hire website, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Alternatively visit www.aboutcookies.com to learn more.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use on moreton.net.au website, and what we use them for. By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit our site in the future.
- Magento Functionality Cookies - Are applied on our Magento store to enable it to function properly.
- Google Analytics - Enables our teams to analyse the moreton.net.au website performance and visitor behaviours. This is used to monitor trends and update our website to deliver a better customer experience for our visitors
- Facebook Pixel - Custom Audience targeting on Facebook social media platform. This allows Moreton Hire to display the right message, to the right people on Facebook Paid Advertising
- Twitter Pixels - Custom Audience targeting on Twitter social media platform. This allows Moreton Hire to display the right message, to the right people on Twitter Paid Advertising
- Vimeo - Display Video Footage on our website from our hosted Vimeo Channel
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Policy Last Updated: 24 October, 2016.